Introduction to commonly used IPC standards for printed circuit board assembly (PCBA)
Introduction to commonly used IPC standards for PCB
1. IPC-ESD-2020: Joint standard for the development of electrostatic discharge control programs. Includes the design, establishment, implementation, and maintenance necessary for electrostatic discharge control procedures. Provide guidance on the handling and protection of electrostatic discharge sensitive periods based on the historical experience of certain military and commercial organizations.
2. IPC-SA-61 A: Semi-aqueous cleaning manual after welding. Includes all aspects of semi-aqueous cleaning, including chemical, production residues, equipment, processes, process control, and environmental and safety considerations.
3. IPC-AC-62A: Water cleaning manual after welding. Describe the cost of manufacturing residues, the type and nature of water-based detergents, the process of cleaning water, equipment and processes, quality control, environmental control and employee safety, and the determination and determination of cleanliness.
4. IPC-DRM -4 0E: Through hole solder joint evaluation desktop reference manual. A detailed description of the components, the walls of the holes, and the coverage of the soldered surfaces, in addition to computer-generated 3D graphics, covering tin fill, contact angle, tin, vertical fill, pad coverage, and Numerous solder joint defects.
5. IPC-TA-722: Welding technology evaluation manual. Includes 45 articles on all aspects of welding technology, including general welding, welding materials, hand soldering, batch soldering, wave soldering, reflow soldering, vapor phase soldering, and infrared soldering.
6. IPC-7525: Template design guide. Provides guidelines for the design and manufacture of solder paste and surface mount adhesive coated stencils, discusses stencil design using surface mount technology, and introduces hybrid technology with through-hole or flip-chip components. Includes overprint, double print and staged template design.
7. IPC/EIA J-STD-004: Specification requirements for flux. Contains technical specifications and classifications of rosin, resin, etc., organic and inorganic fluxes classified according to the content and degree of activation of halides in the flux; also includes the use of flux, substances containing flux, and low use in no-clean processes residual flux.
8. IPC/EIA J-STD-005: Specification requirements for solder paste. The characteristics and technical requirements of the solder paste are listed, as well as the test method and metal content standards, as well as the viscosity, collapse, solder balls, tack and solder paste soldering properties.
9.IPC/EIA J-STD -0 06A: Specification requirements for electronic grade solder alloys, fluxes and non-flux solid solders. It is an electronic grade solder alloy, which is a rod, ribbon, powder flux and non-flux solder. It is an application for electronic soldering. It provides terminology, specification requirements and test methods for special electronic grade solder.
10. IPC-Ca-821: General requirements for thermal conductive adhesives. Requirements and test methods for thermally conductive dielectrics that bond components to a suitable location.
11. IPC-3406: Guide to applying adhesives to aonductive surfaces. Provides guidance in the selection of conductive adhesives as solder candidates in electronics manufacturing.
12. IPC-AJ-820: Assembly and welding manual. Contains descriptions of inspection techniques for assembly and soldering, including terminology and definitions; printed circuit boards, types of components and pins, materials for solder joints, component mounting, specification references and outlines for design; soldering techniques and packaging; Cleaning and laminating; quality assurance and testing.
13. IPC-7530: Guidelines for temperature profiles for batch soldering processes (reflow soldering and wave soldering). Various testing methods, techniques and methods are used in the acquisition of the temperature curve to provide guidance for establishing the best graphics.
14. IPC-TR-460A: Troubleshooting list for printed circuit board wave soldering. A list of corrective actions recommended for failures that may be caused by wave soldering.
15. IPC/EIA/JEDEC J-STD-003A: Solderability testing of printed circuit boards.
16. J-STD-0 13: Application of Spherical Grid Array Package (SGA) and other high density technologies. Establish specifications and interactions required for printed circuit board packaging processes, providing information for high performance and high pin count integrated circuit package interconnects, including design principle information, material selection, PCB fabrication and assembly techniques, and test methods and reliability expectations based on the end use environment.
17. IPC-7095: Supplement to the design and assembly process for SGA devices. Provides useful operational information for those who are using SGA devices or considering moving to array packaging, providing guidance for SGA inspection and repair and providing reliable information on the SGA field.
18. IPC-M-I08: Cleaning instruction manual. Includes the latest version of IPC cleaning guide to assist manufacturing engineers in determining the cleaning process and troubleshooting of their products.
19. IPC-CH-65-A: Cleaning guidelines for printed circuit board assembly. Provides references to current and emerging cleaning methods in the electronics industry, including descriptions and discussions of various cleaning methods, explaining the relationship between various materials, processes, and contaminants in manufacturing and assembly operations.
20. IPC-SC-60A: Cleaning manual for solvents after soldering. The use of solvent cleaning techniques in automatic and manual soldering is presented, discussing the nature of the solvent, residue and process control and environmental issues.
21. IPC-9201: Surface insulation resistance manual. Includes terminology, theory, test procedures, and test methods for surface insulation resistance (SIR), as well as temperature, humidity (TH) testing, failure modes, and troubleshooting.
22. IPC-DRM-53: Introduction to the electronic assembly desktop reference manual. Graphic and photographs used to illustrate through-hole mounting and surface mount assembly techniques.
23. IPC-M-103: Surface mount assembly manual standard. This section includes all 21 IPC files for surface mount.
24. IPC-M-I04: Standard for printed circuit board assembly manuals. Contains the 10 most widely used documents on printed circuit board assembly.
25. IPC-CC-830B: Performance and qualification of electronic insulation compounds in printed circuit board assembly. The conformal coating meets an industry standard of quality and qualification.
26. IPC-S-816: Surface mount technology process guide and checklist. This troubleshooting guide lists all types of process problems encountered in surface mount assemblies and their solutions, including bridging, leak soldering, and placement of components.
27. IPC-CM-770D: Installation guide for Printed circuit board components. Provides effective guidance for the preparation of components in printed circuit board assembly, and reviews relevant standards, impact and distribution, including assembly techniques (including manual and automated as well as surface mount technology and flip chip assembly technology) ) and consideration of subsequent soldering, cleaning and lamination processes.
28. IPC-7129: Calculation of the number of failures per million opportunities (DPMO) and printed circuit board assembly manufacturing specifications. A benchmark for the calculation of defects and quality-related industry sectors; it provides a satisfactory method for calculating the number of failures per million opportunities.
29. IPC-9261: PCB assembly production estimates and failures per million opportunities during assembly. A reliable method of calculating the number of failures per million opportunities in the assembly of a printed circuit board is defined and is a measure of the evaluation at each stage of the assembly process.
30. IPC-D-279: Design guide for printed circuit board assembly for reliable surface mount technology. Guide to the reliability manufacturing process of printed circuit boards for surface mount technology and hybrid technology, including design ideas.
31. IPC-2546: The combined need for transmission points in printed circuit board assembly. Material motion systems are described, such as actuators and bumpers, manual placement, automatic screen printing, automatic adhesive dispensing, automatic surface mount placement, automated plated through hole placement, forced convection, infrared reflow ovens, and wave soldering.
32. IPC-PE-740A: Troubleshooting in the manufacture and assembly of printed circuit boards. Includes case records and calibration activities for printed circuit products that have problems during design, manufacturing, assembly, and testing.
33. IPC-6010: Printed circuit board quality standards and performance specification series manual. Including the quality standards and performance specification standards established by the American Printed Circuit Board Association for all PCBs.
34. IPC-6018A: Inspection and testing of microwave finished printed circuit boards. Includes performance and qualification requirements for high frequency (microwave) printed circuit boards.
35. IPC-D-317A: Guidelines for the design of high-speed electronic packaging. Provides guidance for the design of high speed circuits, including mechanical and electrical considerations as well as performance testing.