PCB material classification
Ordinary PCB material introduction
According to the quality level from low to high as follows: 94HB, 94V0, CEM-1, CEM-3, FR-4.
Material detailed parameters and uses are as follows:
94HB: Paper base material, not fireproof, the lowest end material, can not be used for the power print circuit board.
94V0: Flame-retardant paper base material.
22F: Single half fiberglass material.
CEM-1: Single fiberglass material.
CEM-3: Double-sided half fiberglass material.
FR-4: Double-sided fiberglass material,this is the most commonly used material of PCB.See the following details:
1. According to the characteristics of the flame retardant level from high to low can be divided into： 94V-0, 94V-1, 94V-2, 94HB;
2. Commonly used prepreg: 106, 1080, 2113, 3313, 2116, 1506, 7628;
3. Tg is the temperature of glass conversion, that is, melting point.The general Tg is ≥130℃,medium Tg is ≥150℃, high Tg is ≥170℃, usually material Tg ≥ 170 ℃ we call it high Tg PCB;
4. Halogen-free is an environmental protection requirement , referring to materials that do not contain halogens (fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine and other elements);
5. Major suppliers: KINGBOARD (KB), Shengyi (SYE), Lianmao (ITEQ), ISOLA, Nanya (NY) and so on.
Some other special commonly used PCB materials are as follows
Aluminum Based: Most of the PCB used for LED lamps are aluminum based PCB.
ROGERS,TEFLON, TACONIC: High Frequency PCB material and Radio Frequency PCB material,such as RO4350B.